viernes, 9 de noviembre de 2018

Post 5: My Future Job

I'm not sure about what kind of job I would like to have. But in effort to write something honest about this topic, I would like to imagine my future job as a Social Worker (Social Work is the career I'm studying) in projects about childhood.

I don't really care if it's in an office or outside in the streets because what really matters to me (about Social Work) is to be in direct contact with people and its needs. And you can do that, as a professional, at an office, writing papers about a real dispute that people told you about in a meeting or something, or you can do that talking with the neighbours around your workplace and making something about it. Both are fine to me in order to be useful for them. About the children, I think that they are persons with rights and opinion, and they know more about their own lives that we can write about. So it's really important to ask them about their needs, their worries and their problems and I think that my profession is all about facilitating ways to make this conversation a little easier in order to get solutions about a particular issue. Besides, children make everything possible. It's an easy age to talk about changes in the world. Unfortunately, in this country, childhood is hard and it's unfair in many ways. And we have to do something about it. Knowing, of course, that we are not changing the whole overall situation (to avoid frustrating thoughts) but we are doing something with all our privileged knowledge in order to make this world better. I imagine that this work would be hard and sometimes a little sad, but with lots of love from the people you'll meet. That's my hope and my dream for now. Maybe tomorrow I will be working in a syndicate or in a project about social organizations, but I don't really know.

Oh! And I almost forgot to tell you that I would love to take some major in work-related contents and also about childhood and social class.
Thank you for reading!

2 comentarios:

  1. Hello Dani,certainly working with children is something beautiful, it is also a topic that interests me a lot

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really love your spirit and I also think that is sooo important to be in direct contact with people. kisses

    ResponderEliminar

English Language Challenges

Well, it's our last post here and I'm very thankful about our work here in classes. I didn't have very high expectations, becaus...