viernes, 26 de octubre de 2018

Post 4: A person I would like to meet

Just before I had to write about this topic I was talking with a friend about how much we want to meet some people that are dead now. We talked about how we would have liked to meet Aretha Franklin, Marthin Luther King, Lenin, Rosa Luxemburgo and many people that are not here anymore. So it was difficult to me to think about someone that I would like to meet today (so it can be possible to get in touch!), but when it came to my mind I clearly recognize the reasons that I have to know more about Silvio Rodriguez.

Silvio is from Cuba, he's a well known and left-leaning musician and songwriter. He writes about love, about the Cuban revolution, about memories and so many things. I really love his words.
He has released over than 20 albums!!!! The world knows him like a left-leaning poet and influential among Cuban revolutionary youth.
I've known Silvio for many years. I mean, not in real person but his music and his poetry. When I was younger I didn't really understand what he says and I didn't like very much the instrumental job that he exposes in his discography. However, when I came to University and I began to experience more things and to know more things about revolutionary processes in Latinamerica, his music turned out very meaningful to me. I admire his ability to write and play the guitar and also I admire his passion about the things that he sings. When I hear now about other musicians that became famous without (in my opinion) a real talent or a real reason to sing (besides love and blabla) I always think in Silvio Rodriguez and his song "Debo partirme en dos", that talks about how musicians has to be careful about their words in their songs and how they began to write about things that doesn't really matter or doesn't expose the reality that we need to know about. I went to one of his concerts about 2 weeks ago. It was my first time seeing him and I would definitely come back to his show.

This is one of a few persons that I would like to meet. I would like to talk about Chile, about Cuba and his experiences in life, in music and Guerrilla; also, talk about their motivations to write and play guitar. He's old so I hope that he can live many more years playing his songs and making people happy.

7 comentarios:

English Language Challenges

Well, it's our last post here and I'm very thankful about our work here in classes. I didn't have very high expectations, becaus...